Visitors are always welcome! All meetings start at 7:00 pm and are held in the Conference Room at Clover Park.
Next meeting is Monday, September 19, 2022.
Dates for the rest of the year, all on a Monday, are October 17, November 14 and December 12.
Annual Dinner at Clover Park - November 12
Food and Toy Collection – November 14
The meetings are also being conducted via Zoom. The Meeting ID is 743 7463 8382 and the passcode is Mets2021. Please try to connect early so that we can take attendance. Please note that we only have a 40-minute session. If we get timed out, we will start another session and you can rejoin using the same information.
Membership and Dues Information Annual membership runs from January to December. Dues are $12.00 per person, $17.00 for two people and $22.00 for three or more in the same household. New members joining after July 1st receive a $5.00 discount per household. If you join after October 1st, you will pay full price and your membership will extend through December of the following year. Please refer to our website at www.metsboosterclub.org for further membership information.
Monthly 50/50 Donation Package
For $1.00 per month, your membership number is entered into the 50/50 drawing. The winner receives 50% of the pot. However, if you are present at the meeting, either in person or via Zoom, you win 75%! The best way to ensure you are entered each month is to pay $12.00 for the year. You can mail your payment to Mets Booster Club, P.O. Box 882061, Port St. Lucie, FL 34988-2061, or use the form found under the
Membership tab on our website, www.metsboosterclub.org
Be sure to get all your Mets and Booster Club news through our website at www.metsboosterclub.org. Check out our latest feature labeled Buy Sell Trade, which is a forum for members to connect with each other with their baseball memorabilia.
message from jimmy
booster club minutes
Monday August 15, 2022
Dear Mets Booster Club Members,
We have a few upcoming events, so please mark your calendars.
September 15th will be a playoff game for the St. Lucie Mets at Clover Park. This will be game two of the best of three. Game three will be the next night, September 16th, at home, if needed. Come on out and let’s cheer the team on to a championship title.
On November 12th we will be having our annual dinner at Clover Park. As we did last year, we will have the cocktail hour in the locker room and dinner to follow in the conference room as we get more info. we will pass it on.
At the November 14th meeting we will be doing our annual WPSL toy drive and Children’s Home Society food drive. Each year we need your help with these two events and members have helped a lot. Please support us again for our community.
Hope to see you at the next meeting on September 19th, 2022, at 7:00 p.m. in the conference room at Clover Park or on Zoom.
Mets Booster Club
• The monthly Booster Club Meeting was called to order a t7:00 p.m. After the Pledge of Allegiance, roll call was taken. All Officers were present.
• The minutes of July 20, 2022, meeting was read. A motion to accept the minutes as read was made by Susan Sampson and seconded by Joyce King. Motion passed.
• The Treasurer’s Report was read by Judy Fitzgerald. A motion to accept the Treasurer’s Report as read was made by Wilma Osterhoudt and seconded by Joyce King. Motion passed.
• We have filled the bus for the trip to Miami on September 10. We will start a waiting list in case there are any cancellations. The bus will leave from the parking lot at Clover Park at 2:00 p.m. for the 6:10 p.m. game.
• The current records for the Minor League teams are St. Lucie 64-43, Brooklyn 54-54, Binghamton 40-67, and Syracuse 48-63. The Mets have 75 wins and 40 losses.
• Wilma and Ken Osterhoudt have been volunteering at the Salvation Army food pantry, which feeds 800 families in St. Lucie County a month. The Board recommends donating $200.00 for food for the pantry. A motion was made by Joyce King, seconded by Bill Zuppe, to make the donation. Motion passed. Wilma will do the shopping.
• The recent floods in eastern Kentucky were devasting for many people, including the family of St. Lucie Mets Assistant General Manager Kasey Blair. Her grandmother’s home will have to be demolished. The Board recommends donating $500.00 to the Foundation for Appalachian Kentucky. A motion was made by Stephen LaBargo, seconded by Ken Osterhoudt, to make the
donation. Motion passed.
• Plans are underway for the Annual Dinner, to be held at Clover Park on Saturday, November 12. We will provide details once everything is finalized.
• Member Ed Moore recently attended a Mini Fantasy Camp in Syracuse.
• The name called for the 50/50 was Greg Corral, who was not present and won 50% of the pot.
• A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Paul Samson and seconded by John Friello. The meeting was adjourned at 7:33 p.m.
Pat Urso, Secretary
New York & St. Lucie Mets Booster Club